Strickland Trading Inc. is a scrap iron and steel brokerage company centrally located in the heart of the southern iron and steel making district. Once called “the Pittsburgh of the South,” Birmingham, Alabama is now one of the largest iron and steel making centers in the United States. From the many railroads that serve the city and the surrounding areas, to the navigable waterways and highways that serve the steel mills and foundries, the advantages of being headquartered in Birmingham are countless. Strickland Trading Inc. and its experienced group of traders are intertwined with the movement of raw materials for the iron and steel making industry in Alabama, the south, as well as other customers around the United States.
Our knowledgeable staff continuously utilizes our extensive market resources and financial strength and stability to deliver the highest quality scrap at the lowest cost to our consumers. Strickland Trading provides vital market information to support suggestive pricing to our producers. Acting as “the broker,” we strongly believe in long term relationships and complimentary services to both the buyer and seller. Our financial strength and stability coupled with our experience, integrity, and rapid growth have led us to be one of the leading brokerage companies in the South.
In addition to our extensive regional coverage and brokerage services, we can offer other value added services such as:
- National ferrous and non – ferrous scrap market information, trends, and data
- Pricing on a delivered or F.O.B. basis by grade
- Access to truck, rail, and barge freight rates and conveyances
- Industrial account marketing, auditing, and survey services
- Private rail car leasing
- “Agency” / “Exclusive” marketing agreements with both consumers and producers
- Logistical services such as truck, rail, and barge “tracking and tracing”